Day 16


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 18th 2019
Published: January 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last day in the hospital. We spent a half day in the labor room in the morning. I had the opportunity to observe a caesarian section for 29-week preterm twins. It was really interesting to see how similar the OR was to American ORs and how similar the procedure was to the C-sections I have observed in the US. The main difference I’ve noticed in the hospital is that most of their supplies are reusable, so for example the drapes they used in the OR were cloth, and gloves are not thrown away. Their supplies are sterilized and then used again to save money as well as help the environment. In the afternoon, we had a presentation with the nurse managers of our units. We presented and discussed the similarities and differences that we noted between the US and Thailand. This was a nice way of talking with the nurses and seeing how similar nursing practice is, even on opposite sides of the world. In the evening, we went to Chiang Mai University and walked around their beautiful campus. Then we went to a nearby walking street to do some shopping! The walking street was a great way to have fun and enjoy the end of our week.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.028s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0131s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.6kb