Day 15


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 17th 2019
Published: January 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a half day in the hospital. I spent some time in the labor room, but also took the opportunity to observe in the Neonatal ICU. I really enjoyed this experience! I was surprised at how similar it was to the NICU in the US. There was space for the “sick” babies and a different space for the “feed and grow” babies. The nurses and medical students were very knowledgeable and taught us a lot about their care of the different babies. I also learned that in this hospital, the nurses are responsible for the ventilators and for preparing medications. In the US, respiratory therapists are responsible for the ventilators and pharmacy is responsible for preparing the medications. In the afternoon, we had the cultural exchange with the first year BCNC students. The BCNC students performed a Thai fashion show, taught us Thai games, and showed us their way of tie-dyeing cloths. We shared games and dancing with the Thai students. It was so fun to share parts of our cultures with each other! I really enjoyed that we were able to participate not just with our buddies, but all the first-year students here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb