Day 6: Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
March 26th 2018
Published: March 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today began with a tiring hour-long road trip, taking us well outside of Chiang Mai to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary. Upon arrival we got dressed in these itchy tribal looking garments making us more recognisable to the elephants, allowing them to feel comfortable around us. We were given sweet treats in the form of a pocket full of mini bananas for the elephants and were sent on our way down the jungle. Dean rightly said it’s the equivalent of a waiter bringing your food to the table. Ensuring we went to an elephant friendly sanctuary, the elephants weren’t ridden by visitors and were happy and free, flapping their ears and swinging their tails. I can’t describe how amazing it was to be with these giants up close. After a period of banana-feeding and selfie-taking, we trekked to the mud baths where we covered the elephants and ourselves in mud. The trainers called it ‘sexy time’. We then washed them down in the stream and of course it broke out into a free-for-all water fight between the entire group. It was an all around unforgettable experience.
It’s our last night in Chiang Mai before we head to Pai in the morning. We’re sharing a dorm with two others, Holly and Lockie, who are also heading to Pai tomorrow. We’re all mutually excited for one thing... a relaxing pool.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb