Day 5: Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
March 25th 2018
Published: March 25th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Before checking out I was peer pressured into trying some roasted crickets. They taste like salt and oil and the texture is absolutely revolting. Pulled a leg out my teeth later on and nearly threw up. Dean happily tucked in to more than a few though... weirdo.
We waved goodbye to some fellow backpackers and moved across town to @25 hostel. Air conditioning = we’ve hit the jackpot. We spent the afternoon eyeing up some temples but mostly eating and cooling down at Maya shopping centre down the road. I’ve already followed in my dad’s footsteps from the last time we were in Thailand and left my bank card in the ATM (money comes before releasing the card, it messes with you), but luckily a lovely Thai lady returned it to me. She was a god send. Tonight we hit the buzzy scene of the Tha Pae Walking Street Sunday market. It’s literally the size of my home town; covering countless streets, each one vibrantly lit up and crowded with people. Every little stall was, as the Thais put it, same same but different. Everything is so colourful and beautiful, from the clothes to the art work. All the food stalls made the place smell incredible aswell... it was almost too much for all my senses to take in. Thailand sure does know how to put on a market.
Tomorrow, we cuddle elephants!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb