Climbing and Night safari


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai » Doi Suthep
July 21st 2011
Published: August 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Rock climbing is considered to be a technical sport. With no previous experience of this, we went to rock climbing school located in the middle of city in order to take our first ever climbing lesson. after registering ourselves at reception and getting our special climbing shoes, myself and Ali were ready for our first climb. i did the first attempt and reached the top of the wall. it was real fun, while climbing, the whole body weight comes to figures and toes. not that easy as it first looks. learned the basics of climbing by the instructor who helped us giving confidence of doing the activity. spent two hours and climbed the wall four times. i always feel great excitement of doing things for the first time. so thoroughly enjoyed the time there.

went to Thai restaurant to have our first thai lunch. food was great specially soup and chicken curry. came back to hotel as we had to leave for night safari at 5 pm.

Chiang mai night safari is reputed as one of the best in the world, covering 300 acres of land and surrounded by Doi suthep national park, it offers alot of in house tours and activities.

a naughty elephant at reception was the center of attraction when we entered the main area. wearing a zebra print cover, this elephant was playing and giving response to every tourist like an intelligent human. i was really amazed by the way that animal was trained to entertain visitors. response to visitors means the type of noises that elephant was creating on each move.

the park was divided into two main areas and visitors were using open trams while visiting different animals areas. safari management team used very professional approach in handling visitors and i found people entertained by the animals. fountain and light show was the highlight of night safari. there were two dance performances in the middle and performers did it exceptionally well.

finished the program at approximately 10 pm and returned back to hotel at 11. our days in chiang mai were going towards an end and both of us wanted to stay a few more days in order to explore more places but did not able to extend.

till next time bye bye😊






Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0801s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb