A Walk in the Clouds


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai » Doi Suthep
July 20th 2011
Published: August 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

its like 3 days in of Chiang mai and it has every thing in its city environment, giving all the calmness and relaxation to tourists who traveled thousands of miles to see this place. within range eating options, transport within 100 bhats for major places within the city, even walking sometimes feels better then taking a tuk tuk and light rain showers always make the mood pleasant. Ali was associated with this city much more then me and enjoyed every minute.

a late night coffee outside MacDonald's always ends the day beautifully. sometimes i never understand the mentality of travelers finishing their days in bars while drinking alot of alcohol. for me life is much more then doing that.

on the recommendation of tour desk, we booked a tour to Doi Inthanon national park and left the hotel at 11. we took the luxury option this time by taking a private tour, so the driver came to the lobby and picked us up. a swift drive of more then an hour brought us to the summit , its approximately 48 kms from the city. Seen some amazing views during the journey and once we started moving near the summit, rain and thick clouds surrounded us. at one point there was very less visibility and driver parked the car at the side of the road and waited for the things to get a bit clearer. finally we moved again and reached the summit, its the highest point of thailand, approximately 2565 meters above sea level. we took the stairs even there was continuous rain and wind, hurdling us to walk. there were clouds everywhere and we were literally making our way in the clouds. just cant describe my feelings of that time, a coffee at the summit cafeteria made our day. took some snaps and felt the deep mist penetrating into my whole body. i love the combination of clouds with winds. sat there on the summit and observed the feel in my body and soul.

Rain forced us to leave the summit and we headed back towards the next destination in the park, the Mae Klang Waterfall and then Vachiratharn Waterfall.

waterfalls always have soothing and romantic effect on humans minds, thrilled to see the two falls in the park and spent hours there admiring the beauty of nature. as it rained the whole day in the park, there were very less tourists and environment was calm and silent ideally to absorb the nature.

Came back to Chiang mai at 6 and one more day in this city came to an end.😊




Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb