Saturday1st February - pak chong, thailand.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-East Thailand
February 2nd 2014
Published: February 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

1st feb

Our flight. Left Larnaca on time. Surprisingly full. Lots of Cypriot passengers so had usual disputes on seat allocations, baggage room, and rosary chanting.

Excellent food on both flights with first taste of eastern food. Fragrant basmati and steamed fish, byriani mmmmmm.

Incidentally, on our coach journey from Larnaca we noticed a strange chap who had a younger companion. They sat towards the rear of the coach, 2 rows behind us. Throughout the trip he cussed, berated the world and was very disturbed. Leo commented that he hoped they were not booked onto our flight! We made up a couple of scenarios about them including terrorism etc and were dismayed to see them on the Abu Dhabi sector of our journey, back row, handcuffed. His young companion being a police officer. Great beginnings.

The masters of planning, we waited for our taxi driver at exit gate 10.Bangkok Airport, No Taxi. Reread the text only to find we should have been at gate 3, it was a long walk with 4 backpacks, 2 of which were shrink-wrapped into tight cocoons making it more difficult. Trolleys? Yes, we forgot. Paula was more preoccupied with the pretty plastic flowers at the baggage claim belts. 3 hours later arrived at Pak Chong, nestled on the edge of Khao Yai national forest.

Stowed luggage and immediately set out in our borrowed twin-cab to do a recce of the area. First stop Red Moon Cafe Where Leo and I were pleased to learn that the local beer was aptly named Leo. Didn't take much persuasion to drink a bottle each, one of us had 2.

Our arrival coincided with Chinese New Year therefore the roads and park very busy. Very enjoyable afternoon, lovely sunshine. We did a quick recce of the national park and intend to do a18km walk including the kong kaew waterfall tomorrow.

Early night, only 28 hours since we last slept...........

Tip of the day: don't eat chick pea salad on flight unless no turbulence.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



2nd February 2014
image

Have fun
Photies look really nice and you both look well. Will follow you both to see what your getting up to xx
4th February 2014
image

Hi Leo, Paula, Loving the blog - have a great trip will keep following!xx
7th February 2014

Enjoying following your progress
Really enjoying follwing your travels. Enjoy yourselves xx

Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb