A long weekend in ‘the han’ with Visitors


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-East Thailand
November 26th 2012
Published: November 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So because of sports day we were very lucky this week and got a 5 day weekend, which we made the most of by two of our friends coming to visit. We had Friday - Tuesday off which we loved, a week off from lesson plans and teaching.

On Friday morning our friend Ciara turned up at 7am after getting the overnight bus up from Bangkok and we went to watch the Sports day parade which was a lot better than I thought it would be. It went on for quite a while in the heat but it was really good and the kids all looked amazing, after the parade they put on a show and we got to sit down, relax and watch.

We spent the rest of Friday sunbathing around the pool and then on the night 8 of us went to one of the Thai teacher Hongs house for a Thanksgiving meal.. it was lovely. Turkey, mash potatoe, veg, gravy, apple pie and lots of wine and karaoke.. It felt just like christmas!!

On Saturday we spent another day around the pool topping up the tan and our other friend Amanda came to see us, it was her birthday so we went out for dinner and then on the night we threw her a little birthday party complete with cake and candles, balloons, party streamers and lots of alcohol. After lots of pre-drink and dancing to old school 90s music such as b*witched and spice girls we headed out for shots and cocktails and then went on to the local club.

We were all pretty hungover on Sunday so after KFC we lazed around the pool and then went for a big burger and chips on the night as we were all craving greasy western food.

Amanda went home on the Sunday and the other girls had work on the Monday so just me, gab and ciara went to see the Mukdahan tower, did a bit of sightseeing and a bit more sunbathing around the pool before heading for dinner and a girly movie night.

Ciara went back to Bangkok on Tuesday morning after a 4 day stay and we loved having visitors, and loved our long weekend.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb