Thailand Oct 21 2013


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand
October 21st 2013
Published: October 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Oct 21 2013
Well after waking up about 8am and getting a good 12 hours of sleep we decided to head up the road to rent some mopeds for the day. After walking up the road and not being too sure where the place was we walked back to our hostel to double check with Baz, one of the guys working at the Shiralea. By the Baz is an awesome English guy. Anyway, so we double checked with him, but right as we were walking away he asked if we wanted a couple of girls to tag along with us. There were a couple of American gals that were looking to rent some mopeds but had never done it before and were not feeling too confident to rent them on there own. Well we were of course not going to object to a couple of girls hanging out with us for the day. So we strolled on up to get the mopeds, I ended up taking a double scooter with one of the girls, named Cara. Oh sorry to cut into the middle of this but Baz says HI! So yeah since I owned a moped for a summer I had no problem having Cara on the back of my scooter. Sam R. tired to do the other double with Cassie, but after a few minutes he decided he was not quite confident enough to do the double. I was glad he did not power though it and try to make it work. So Sam P. being the champ he is took over the double and we headed out on our way trying to find some waterfalls. Since it is about 80 degrees here and a good amount of humidity, it felt great to buzz around on the scooter. We headed out and had a rough idea of where we wanted to go but since we had never been here the roads were a bit confusing and we got a little lost but it was pretty nice just to be cruising around. We ended up near the south end of the island at the beach Haad Rin where the Full Moon party happened. It is a beautiful beach, so yeah we grabbed some food there on the beach then continued to hunt for some waterfalls. So we headed up North along the coast and stopped at a point on the water to take some pictures and ended up meeting a guy named Ramis from Russia also looking for a waterfall. He was on a dirt bike but we still accepted him and had another member join our bike gang and we continued our journey to find a waterfall. After another ten minutes or so we found the location of one waterfall, but learned quickly that if there is no rain fall here there are no waterfalls. Since we were not going to see a waterfall we headed off to go a beach called Kho Ma that extended off of the mainland and connected to a small island. It's a pretty beautiful beach. Sam R. went for a quick dip and then we headed on back to our hostel for a good shower and a meal.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb