Koh Chang and Koh Mak


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand
January 16th 2010
Published: January 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sorry about the poor updating!
We lasted two days in Bangkok and couldn't wait to get out of there!

Got a coach to Chantaburi which we hadn't really planned too well and it not being a tourist place, the coach dropped us off on the highway and we were meant to walk 6 km! So what do we do...hitch hike! lol
Jayde wasn't too impressed but what can ya do! Realising that we way were way off the beaten track and the locals were looking at us like we were from a different planet, we decided to give Chantaburi a miss and head straight for the island of Koh Chang. Somehow the guy who didn't speak english realised we wanted to get to a bus terminal and dropped us off just there. Couldn't believe our luck. Got a coach straight away that took us to Koh Chang.
Arriving at night, after having spent the whole day on coaches we got the first best bungalow we could find, Tiger Hut. Located in an awesome spot, 5 meters away from a whitesanded beach! As lovely as it was falling asleep to the sound of waves, we decided to move first thing in the morning as the bed was rock hard and the bungalow neither had a shower, nor a toilet and the service from the staff pretty poor. It was also a pretty far walk from the main road.

Did some research and decided to move to Bailan Beach, where we paid slightly more but quality was way higher. No pretty beach but we decided that was okay as we had booked Elephant riding and Dolphin swimming for the next few days.

So we did Elephant Riding and swimming which was coooool. :-)
Next day went with a tour to Chantaburi (the proper and safe way to do it!), visited some temple, then dolphin show, followed by swimming with the dolphins and getting them to do some tricks. Was awesome!!! Stopped for lunch and shopping on the way back.

Apart from all that fun, we've been pretty lazy with daily siestas and not going out. Yet!

This morning we checked out from Bailan Beach and got on the boat to neighbouring island, Koh Mak which is a smaller island. Staying in a pretty happening place called Monkey Shack. The bungalows are like little monkey huts, we are staying in the Baboon huts. :-) Not the cheapest ones here but our own bathroom which to me is worth the extra 4 pounds.
I spent all day lying on the deserted beach by myself soaking up the sun. Can't think of anything better. :-)
As we haven't spent many days on the beach, I need to work on the tan!!! Jayde on the other hand, can't stand the sun. lol
Think she is in the wrong place. But today she gets her way as there's some big party happening here. She's been dying for some of that.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb