Laem Ngop, Koh Wai & Koh Mak


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand
November 3rd 2008
Published: November 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Koh Wai Koh Wai Koh Wai

The colours of the sky in the evening

Laem Ngop


Because of our delayed bus from the cambodian/thai border we missed our connecting ferry that evening to Koh Cang. The driver brought us to a guesthouse where he would make commission in the port town of Laem Ngop even though we had previously been assured that we would be brought to nearby Trat if we wished.
We decided to look for another guesthouse instead which may not have been the brightest idea when we realised that a lot of the roads were unlit and had stray dogs howling at us!! Luckily, a nice Welsh man called Jim passed by on his motorbike and stopped to tell us of his friends guesthouse. He kindly gave us each a lift there with our big rucksacks. The guesthouse was called Spider's Web and is run by a lovely Welsh/Thai couple called Richy & Jan. They made us feel really at home here and we enjoyed a few beers with them before heading to a local karaoke with Jim and had a great laugh.
The next day, Jan made us a lovely breakfast and Richy brought Stephen to see some cock-fighting where the locals bet big money on their prized cocks. Jim, Richy & Jan then dropped us at the pier to catch the ferry to Koh Wai for 450B.

Koh Wai


Very nice beach shaded by the palm trees with crystal clear water. We stayed at Paradise bungalows which were very basic (sharing with rats maybe?!) for 300B but run by lovely people. It was really peaceful here.

Koh Mak


We took the island hopper boat from Koh Wai to Koh Mak for 300B. We stayed at Koh Mak cottages on central Ao Kao beach which were very nice. After a while our bathroom began being invaded by scorpions though so we moved to the other beach by the pier which was also nice but found the accomodation a bit overpriced generally on the island. The Koh Mak people have been the friendliest so far though in Thailand so it evens out!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Koh MakKoh Mak
Koh Mak

beach
Koh MakKoh Mak
Koh Mak

Sunset


Tot: 0.278s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1898s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb