Koh Chang


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand » Koh Chang
September 16th 2011
Published: September 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had a fantastic last day in Bangkok on Wednesday. We were both pretty tired after two days solid sightseeing in the heat so decided to head up to Dosit Park to relax. However, on the way, we wandered past Dosit Zoo and decided to take a look. Spent the morning in the zoo which was lovely. There was a huge lake so we spent a while just watching the fish, turtles and lizards swimming about which was very relaxing.

Joe went to a Mai Thai (not sure if thats the right spelling) boxing training session. We went to the street gym we found the other day and he spent about an hour and a half being taught the basic techniques by a personal trainer. It was very cool - although the 'Rocky' esqu atmosphere was slightly lessened by the fact the gym had decided that the YMSA was good work out music. I sat and drank whiskey with the rest of the trainers and chatted - it was a really lovely afternoon and the perfect way to spend our last day in Bangkok.

On Thursday we spent 8 hours on a bus heading to Koh Chang. The journey was pretty uneventful - just hours of driving through beautiful countryside spotting the occasional water buffalo.

Koh Chang is beautiful. We spent today on the beach, reading and sleeping underneath the coconut trees. I was worried it would be really busy but its so quiet at the moment - we had a whole area of beach to ourselves! We are staying in a wooden cabin about a 5 minute walk from the beach. There are loads of little wooden bars playing reggae and generally living up to the beach life stereotype - its wonderfully relaxing!

I think we'll probably stay at this beach for the next couple of days and then maybe head up the coast to find a different one.

Thats all for now. Take care xx

Advertisement



16th September 2011

Oh that sounds so fantastic! I'm very jealous!
20th September 2011

Koh Chang
I think what you mention is Muay Thai (Thai Boxing). Koh Chang is one of the most popular destinations in the Eastern of Thailand as it\'s peaceful and the water is pretty clean. Check this out if you are a beach junkie like me. It\'s a really interesting chart. http://www.exotissimo.com/infographic/southeast-asia-beaches

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0913s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb