Kabin Buri Days 15/16


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand » Chachoengsao
February 11th 2013
Published: February 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The road to Hell......The road to Hell......The road to Hell......

.....even with Sat nav
Days 15/16.

Left Koh Chang at 09.30 heading north to Sanam Chai Chet - a distance of 400kms approx. Our mission to visit school in the province a project by Tilac Ben Foundation (please visit www.tilacben.com for further info).

We put our faith in TomTom but this proved to be a bad decision as you can see from the photos - we were going nowhere slowly. We abandoned TomTom when we found ourselves in a jungle plantation with no way out so we hit reverse.

Reverting to old technology i.e. maps, we eventually reached our destination some 7 hours from leaving home. We visited our Thai family who welcomed us with typical Thai hospitality - smiles, food and drink.

Back on the road we arrived at our accommodation for the evening just after dusk in Kabin Buri. Fell into bed.

Early start Monday. When parking the van the previous evening we didn't realise that when we all got out, the van had become wedged under the shelter so we all had to get in again before we could reverse out and set off.

Arrived at school to be greeted by the Director and his staff who were very happy to show us around the newly completed sports field and running track (funded by Tilac Ben Foundation) and the school itself. It was approaching 38 degrees on our tour of the school papaya garden where we picked a bagfull to bring home.

While we were there the Director asked us if we would like to decide where to position the new stadium sign. After much deliberation the decision was made.

Eventually we had to leave and say our goodbyes - we left them with gifts to be used by the children in the school.

As usual, there are many sights to be seen on the roads whilst driving in Thailand - we've included a few from our route back to Koh Chang and our pool - girls at sunset says it all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Who said that?Who said that?
Who said that?

leave me alone.
New SignNew Sign
New Sign

Positioning the new sign, should it go here?
Girls holding their Papayas...Girls holding their Papayas...
Girls holding their Papayas...

Produce of the school garden
Did you know..Did you know..
Did you know..

bananas grew like this?


11th February 2013

Your pictures
How lovely to see such wonderful results at the school. Ben would be so proud of this achievement in his name.
11th February 2013

Day 15/16
There must be a lot of jokes about that van incident but we dare not put them in print! Ben's project looks great, I hope you were very satisfied with what has been done. Glad to see you still have a soft spot for a dog as there is one here waiting for his boss to come home.
12th February 2013
Home at last

Brilliant photographs, loved the one in the pool. Odd for eyetest shortly.

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb