Arrive in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand
December 1st 2012
Published: December 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We've landed in Bangkok very hot and tired with all our luggage :



After getting pounced on by all the taxi operators we set off on a very long journey to our hostel pretty sure we've been slightly ripped off!

The traffic is like I've never seen before, mopeds everywhere!!

Arrived at our hostel where we are booked to stay for the next two nights, suk 11.... It's looks tiny from the outside but inside its like a tardis with very random, bits of drift wood hanging from the ceilings, the alls are covered with comments and doodles from previous backpackers that have stayed there, will have to hunt for Claire and Zoe's.

The room is very up market for a hostel, big double room with on suit toilet and shower on the balcony, warned Richard to watch out for the locals in the adjacent building trying catch a glimpse of him ; )!! This will ease us into the backpacker life : )

In the evening we head for a wander and are instantly hit with the market stall sellers..... "you like? u buy!" "special price" I stupidly showed interest insterest in a painting, big mistake! The whole family pounce on us, we we swiftly move on. The whole street is mental, we don't dare look or make eye contact with anyone.

We get back to our hotel and sit down for food at the hostels restaurant....

Both loving our Thai curries we order Thai green curry, not thinking to as for them mild (or 'Mai pet' as we've now learnt) they are lovely but I felt like I had suffered 3rd degree burns in my mouth as it was that spicy....

A few lessons learnt on our first day

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb