Krabi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand
July 20th 2011
Published: July 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello! Apologies for leaving the blog so long, we have only had wifi in our hotels so typing was too slow!
We spent four nights in Krabi with the aim of seeing a few sights around the area. Our first stop was a kayak trip through the jungle which was something we all really wanted to do. They were two man kayaks so it was lucky that everyone there was in couples. In typical Thai style, the men had to sit at the the back and be the 'captain' and only they were allowed to steer - something that annoyed me and Soph very much as the trip went on!
We set off and immediately decided we would race each other, which lasted about five minutes in the heat! But I would say begrudgingly that Lee and Soph did seem to have a better technique and were in front most of the time! We went through various cases and rivers before stopping to see some ancient cave drawings and heading back for lunch : )
The next day was another busy one as we took a boat tour around Phi Phi Islands. We had about 30mins in each place which was nice but ideally we would have liked longer - it was a bit like herding sheep! But we did get to do some open water snorkeling which was amazing and Lee got to test out the underwater video camera - hopefully we can get the film on Facebook soon : )
After feeling like we'd spent too much money we decided to spend a day doing nothing, chilling by the pool and watching TV. Our hotel, Krabi Cozy Place, was another good find by booking.com clean and basic with movie channels! We left Krabi at 6:30am the next day and started our bus journey out of Thailand and onto Malaysia....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb