suphanburi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Suphanburi
June 9th 2008
Published: June 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

well the past few days have been a lot quieter due to a number of factors. after my last entry i fell quite ill, im pretty sure it was food poisoning which lasted just under 48 hours. i feel much better now though but had a day of rest after the monks to try and speed up the healing process.

the day after we went to the zoo which was abolutely fantastic. got some pics with ann orangutan and a snake. all the animals were so close you could smooth the lion cubs through the bars. apparently if we were a couple of months earlier we could of gone in with them, but they are too big now.

yesterday we travelled up to suphanburi which is about 2 hours away from sing buri. this is where we would stay for the night before going onto photoei to do a week of trekking. personally, i wasnt expecting much in this hotel, but as it turned out its a popular golfing resort with a pool, spa centre, bar, sports entertainment and... a golf course. its called the 24-7 golf resort and has had people like tiger woods play there, so it must be alright.

probably the biggest relief is that the rooms had air con. its going to be weird going from this kind of luxury to a jungle terrain for the next five days (so yes, i wont be able to write any entries until the weekend).

in other news the food here is pretty repetetive. its like ya da ya da ya with rice. and something else with rice, with the occasional egg chucked in. needless to say i cant stand the sight of rice - so another 5 days of eating it is going to be joyful - im looking forward to getting to koh samet where i can get some decent meat and get food poisoning.

uploading some phots now - keep the comments and the emails coming its nice to hear from you all.
edit: internet is being shit - ill upload some phots when i get back from trekking

jon xx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb