Monkey city


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Singburi
February 21st 2008
Published: February 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a fab day- we went to Monkey City (see pics) in Lapburi it was so so oddl!!! There were monkeys just wondering all over the place!! It was crazy they were wondering all over the road, all over the old Royal Palace Ruins and were just sat around the city! Considering Thailand is very very green and there are MILES of open gorgeous space it seems odd for them to have built this Monkey Sanctuary on an Island in the middle of Lapburi City (aka Monkey City) Then we went to walk around the ruins, and then to a the Prabuddhabad Temple. It is the Buddhist festival of Makabusha today so it was very very busy, the temple - needless to say, was stunning.

Going to meet the children that I'm going to be teaching tomo very bright and early- exciting! And also we are going to be taught and shown how the people of Thailand make the necklaces and bracelets that they sell in the night markets and stalls along the sides of the streets so a big day tomo!! Hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend and has a lovely one!

Sending my love!

Marianne.

xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb