London to Cambodia 2011/12


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Si Racha
December 24th 2011
Published: December 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a long flight with Eva Air surrounded by what Rick referred to as "seedy old gits" we arrived in Bangkok. A humid 33 degrees greeted us but we were quickly in a cab heading South for Sri Racha.

As usual our cab driver, who says "yes, yes i know where that is, its my family home!", hasnt a bloody clue where he is going and spends most of the journey stopping to ask the locals -who send him all places! Good to see the countryside though

Eventually we found Sri Racha Lodge after a quick turnaround headed for a seafood restaurant on the coast. The tanks outside contained fish large enough to feed a family of 8 for several weeks!

We chose carefully from the menu but everything came out loaded with chillis,extremely hot, only distinguished by several cold Singha beers! Then to bed very tired.

Lee woke up at 5am very hungry and hotel refused any food until 6.30am -so had to watch the tele to kill time. Best programme - Long Distance Dog Jumping, involving retriever dogs jumping for a "toy" into a swimming pool and the furthest reached was 23 ft (Roscoe) This is a huge spectator sport in the US.

At breakfast, surrounded by Thai couples and families we were the only ones having the traditional breakfast of chilli chicken and rice, the Thais were tucking into sausage eggs and toast!

After breakfast headed to the Ferry to cross over to Ko Si Chang island. Lots of Thai sunseekers on the ferry who did not have particularly good sea legs! a lot of green faces.

Hired mopeds from "Tom's Place" and rode around the Island, which is only a couple of KMs wide and 6KMs long. Found a lovely beach ideal for chilling out and fishing

Rick's highlight of the day - kayak fishing -but sadly the only thing he caught was his fishing line on the rocks! Better luck tomorrow Rick!

Now heading for dinner at a nice seafood restaurant.

Advertisement



24th December 2011

hi
No way you couldnt get breakfast for an hour and a half!! - we all know what your like Lee when you need food - Mr Grumpy!! lol - glad to here its all going well

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb