The Beginning in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Rayong
May 27th 2007
Published: May 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Where to start? Got to Heathrow airport only to find out we had been UPGRADED to the executive suite thanks to Graeme's sister. Spent 7 hours in there eating food and drinking beer for about 7 hours FOR FREE! Also found out that we had been upgraded on the plane to the more expensive seats towards the front of the plane (not exactly first class but there was more legroom, your own t.v. etc etc).

Got to Bangkok airport and our luck began to run out! The "greeting bloke" that Graeme had booked (shame on you Graeme) was there HOWEVER he was waiting for one other person to take into the city centre...this person's bags were still in Heathrow!! This took about an hour to get sorted. On our way to Bangkok, we experienced our first monsoon rains! It was an eye opener to say the least, you could'nt even see through the front window of the car, god knows how we got to our hotel. Anyway, finally got the hotel and it turned out to be really nice, if a little out of the way (saying that though, for 7 quid a night it was steep in comparison to the rest of the accommodation in Bangkok), and the hotel staff try to rip you off left, right and centre when you're staying there.

Met Tom the next day on the off-chance just walking along Koah San Road (the main backpacker area) along with his beloved Rosie, who is a really nice lass. Was actually expecting a very depressed Tom when we were meeting up with him, as we thought he would have said goodbye to her by now, we shall see is in a couple of days though as she goes home soon.

Last night was a good night. Went to our very first "Ping Pong" show, which was an experience to say the least. It was quite funny, more bizarre than entertaining though to be honest. Graeme got a nice picture to take home, by one of the 'entertainers' who drew it for him with a pen stuck up her ******. It's actually better than what he could draw, he should treasure it forever!

Today had a look around the Temple's of Bangkok, was an alright day out, Graeme has a nice new suit...yes a brand new cashmere suit to show for our temple trip haha, he bought it for 100 quid although he hasn't got it yet, he got measured up an stuff for it today and has to go back for it...I will laugh my arse off if he doesn't get it delivered to him! Also checked into a new hostel on Koah San Road until tomorrow when Tom says his goodbye's to his beloved and we then get the train down to the islands in the South, with our first stop being Koh Phangan, just in time for the full moon party!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb