2nd day of trekking


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Phu Toei NP
January 14th 2009
Published: January 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After we all braved the 'hole in the ground' toilet, we left for more walking. We walked a little way up the road and saw a little village with a school and shop. I thought we were in the middle of nowhere but this was civilisation!

We walked about 2 hours of so to a little village for our lunch. We all helped the woman preparing rice to make us seem useful. We played cards outside the church whilst Woody slept off his hangover! Apparently all the people in the mountains are either Christain or Catholic, very few are Buddhist. Again it was fantastic views from the top of the village.

We walked some more for another few hours to another waterfall and our campsite for the second night. We all jumped from the top of the waterfall and had a wash in the water.

After the best meal I'd eaten in Thailand so far, we cracked out more beer and rum and started playing drinking games well into the night. It was so funny and 1 norweigan managed to keep losing so he was well drunk! It ended up with Adam throwing up by the fire after not many beers, the kiwis and a norwegian in the waterfall bollock naked, and the same norwegian in Adam's sleeping bag. I think for once I was the sensible one! Messy but hilarious night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb