The Pattaya Experience


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Pattaya
October 7th 2007
Published: October 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The past four days have been spent, in the main, relaxing in Pattaya. Although there have been some moments!

Pattaya itself is probably the sleaziest place either of us have ever been to. It's completely in your face and there is nothing secret about it. Strip clubs and 'go go' bars are on every street and there are litterally hundreds of young Thai girls in the bars touting for 'business'. Walking down the street it is common place to see a young Thai girl with an old fat western man and it is completely accepted.

While we're on the subject of walking down the street, these are some of the things we have been offered so far;

Jet ski, speed boat, suits, marajuana, dresses, massage, 'ping pong?' motorbike, 'sexytime?', cocaine, dvd, taxi, tuk-tuk, ect.

On our first night out, we went drinking on the main strip called 'Walking Street'. We happened to wander into a bar with Thai kick-boxing taking place. The idea being that the boxers fight until one of them is not fit to continue and the winner asks the crowd for tips. Us being one of the few westerners in the place we're an immediate target for tips, with both boxers trying their best to catch our attention during the round breaks. This basically ended up with us in the ring having our picture taken with the fighters......still not exactly sure how we got up there!

In between the fights, a snake charmer appeared in the ring with various deadly snakes. Vicki was not amused as by this time we were virtually in the front row. The mad Thai snake charmer would tease them until they strike at him, he would then dive out of the way. This went on for about ten minutes until eventually, you guessed it, he wanted tips! I was absolutely terrified and Paul found me more hilarious than the snake show.

We should probably mention the food over here. After initial reluctance to try Thai food, we are now eating it everyday and loving it! This probably has something to do with the amount you get for the price. For example, one night for tea we had a starter between us, a main course each and an alcoholic drink each for 4 pound 50 all in, bargain!

Before anyone at home starts to worry we are both eating really well!

We took a ferry across to an island off the coast of Pattaya called Koh Larn.....nothing much to say about it because we just lay on beach. I've given Paul a new nickname (which my dad will know well) called 'Sebastian'...unlucky for him he got burnt a nice shade of red and looks like a lobster. To my amusement, he is gutted as he forgot the suncream!!

The weather here, although considered the rainy season at the moment, is at times cloudy but really hot and sunny (30'C plus). We haven't seen any rain so far....how is the weather back at home ;-)

Today we leave Pattaya and head south to the island of Phuket.......

Vicki & Paul.





Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



12th October 2007

Hi Sounds like you are having a fab time enjoying all the thai food and the thai whiskey Thai girls like fat men because they think they are rich!!! Hope you are enjoying Phuket Gwen
14th October 2007

Hey Guys!!
Hey Guys, hope your both well and still enjoying every minute of ye trip. Just thought i'd drop you a line, am at yours at the mo, bit weird me sending you a message from your computer! Me and gary went up 2 the house yesterday- they have the roof on and windows in! Yay. Think we're going carpet shopping tomorrow so that should be a barrel of laughs- you know how we never agree on anything! Should be all finished by the time we get back from NY. Let us know what you up 2- keep the pics coming- love yous, take care xxxx

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb