Koh Chang


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Si Chang
January 11th 2011
Published: January 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Koh Chang is a small island on the way to the border of Cambodia. We felt like it was time for a change of pace, so we decided to head to this island to relax for a few days and soak up some sun. After braving rush hour in Bangkok, we got a bus to Trat and then a ferry over to the island. Once we arrived, we took a songthaew (a truck with two rows of seating in the back) to Lonely beach but found that it wasn't very lonely at all, being fairly jammed with backpackers and tourists. We stayed in a bungalow on the beach for a few days, just enjoying sunbathing, reading our books and swimming. One day, we hired out a Kayak to explore some of the nearby islands. Paddle power takes a lot of energy but we were happy to drift along on the calm sea for a while, enjoying the views while bobbing gently along. After reaching the small island, we swam in the surf and chilled out some more. At our accommodation, there was projected movies on the beach veranda every night. It was a nice way to spend the evening as you propped yourself on a cushion with a drink. On our last day, we went to Bang Bao in the south of the island, which is a a traditional fishing town partly built on stilts. We wanted to go snorkelling but all the boat trips had departed for the day so we had lunch and wandered on to the beach. Koh Chang is a nice place for a few days to break up the journey to Cambodia but we felt there will be more impressive beaches to come.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb