Ko Samet


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Samet
September 24th 2007
Published: October 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

2nd stop was Ko Samet not originally planned in our trip. Ko Samet is an island off the east coast of thailand, and a bit of a weekend get away for the thais from the hussle and bussle of Bangkok. The travel agent that was sorting our visa's out for vietnam convinced us to go. It was a wise decision. After a tiring 4 hour drive leaving Bangkok in the early hours and then a 45 minute ride on the boat we settled for the first beach that you come to on the island. Stayed at a place called Jep's Bungalows which was 30 sec walk from the stunning beach (think the Beach) and only cost us 2 quid a night.

We basically chilled out for a couple of days, got drunk in the evenings with 2 guys we met, one a lad from Durham (Steve) and a 21 year old american dude (Mike), who brought many a laugh although sometimes we were laughing at him, rather with him. His most comical moment was after one of the nights out we had he decided to ride his hired moped past us obviously under the influence and fell straight into one of the monsoon puddles that makes up the dirt track around the island. Neal and I were stuggling not to laugh, Neal was calling him Evil Kenievel the rest of week.

Got bit to buggery by the mossies, woke up in a drunken state naked on the bed to find mossies all over me. Counted 27 bites on my feet alone. There were gecko's all over the walls in the bathroom and some of thai bar staff had caught a giant centipede (poisonous). Certainly more creepy crawlies here than anywhere I've ever been.

Our last day on the island we hired out some bikes, Neal got a motorbike, I played it safe with a quad bike. We went to explore the island with Mike ( who fell off again). Got my first experience of travellers diarhea on our last night had to dose myself up with immodium to withstand the day of travelling back to Bangkok the next day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb