Ko Samet


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Samet
July 23rd 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post


The worst thing so far about travelling is the claustrophobia of travelling in minibuses, which seems to happen all the time! When travelling between Ko Chang and Ko Samet we opted for the bus that would pick us up from our pad, and take us directly there! Of course this was a ten seater minibus! After leaving Ko Chang, we were told to change to a smaller bus......but with the same amount of people (10 of us!). The funny thing is they tried squeezing another 2 people on board, and then yelling in Thai at people who protested at being crammed in this bus! Luggage was moved on top of the bus (which got thoroughly soaked on the 3/4 hour journey apart from my bag - id been smart enough to cover mine with the waterproof cover, and move bex's inside the bus!). The answer to the question of how many people you can you fit on a ten seater bus over here is quite simply; 'one more'!!

Anyway..... we arrived to the gorgeous island of Ko Samet late afternoon, and wandered round looking for a place to stay! Its alot more expensive than the previous island - and we
couldnt find anywhere that was value for money in comparison. We ended up stopping at a place called Naga Bungalows which was our cheapest and most backpackery place so far... everyone sitting round a TV watching the latest pirated movie!! At 6 quid a nite....an outdoor Bathroom with cold water shower.....an electric fan....the most uncomfortable bed in the world..... BARGAIN!!! Where have our standards gone!!

Like the other island, we didnt do a great deal apart from lie in the sun all day!! This is the life!! We stayed here for 2 nights before departing to Pattaya as a stop gap (doesnt have a great reputation) so we can head up north to Chang Mai. This seems to happen everywhere we go, but on our last night we find a great bar where you gamble on paying for your drinks or not.... heads or tails...... guess right and theyre free!!! Yep.... sounds like good fun and it was... although not the wisest of things to do before a day of travelling!! Of course now im having to train Bex up to guess right after letting the side down!!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb