mon day 17!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
February 4th 2015
Published: February 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

First full day in ko Chang started a bit impulsively by hiring a moped for the day! Was gonna do it with Anna - a girl from Sweden - also in the dorm room, but after trying a few places she was unable to hire one ( all because all you need to hire one is not a driving licence but a passport - and annas had been stolen in Sri Lanka! She has a replacement - but for some reason this wasn't good enough!!) so, after pottering around the local area on mine (Anna headed down the beach instead with Kelly - from yesterday - who we ended up bumping into!) i took it back and got a refund. Maybe it was a good omen anyway as some of the roads are pretty hairy on ko Chang! So instead i wandered down to the local area which consists of a lovely pier with loads of shops and restaurants on it and a smallish beach a little further down the road and ended up coming across Anna and Kelly - sunbathing, so i joined them for a bit until the sun was starting to go down. Kelly is staying in a hotel about 10mins away from the hostel on a peninsula, so we walked out and onto a lovely scenic decked area to see the sun set. Back for a freshen up then out to a seafood restaurant on the pier for dinner - the restaurant has large fish tanks at the entrance containing the live fish and lobsters. Had a lovely meal with scallops, prawns, papaya salad to name but a few. Nice end to a nice day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb