Ko Chang,...island finaly


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
December 13th 2009
Published: December 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, after so much of traveling in the middle of Thailand and Laos I decided I need the ocean. I was never-and hopefully never will be much of a land rat. I love the ocean, the waves, the soft sound of them that puts you to sleep. And now, after some time of traveling i felt at peace again. It wasn't the best Thailand has to offer. It was a rocky back on an island called Ko Chang and a village named Bang Bao. But it was peaceful! No tourists almost. It took me approximately 8 hours to get there, cause i decided at 10 o clock in the morning, that i don't want to spend another day in Bangkok and the bus for Ko Chang was leaving at 11. But i got it and arrived at the ferry around 17.00ish. Took the ferry over and then a shared cab(actually a van with roof and no windows for 6, but mostly 10 people 😊) and took of from there to Bang Bao. Luckily i did some research on the Internet before I went there and found a nice place called "Cliff Cottage". It is owned by a British guy, married to a Thai. He used to work for Philip Morris and was also in Slowenija for 6 months. He was there when i used to make deliveries to the Tobacco factory in Ljubljana. Quite a coincidence. So, the place is outside the village. The main area is close to the ocean and the best Bungalows you can get are on the top of the cliff overlooking the Bay of Thailand,..the ocean. I unfortunately didn't have the luck to get those at the cliff front but one Bungalow behind. They cost 7 EUR a night and you get a bed and a terrace. The toilet is below the cliffs, but the view is worth a million. At night you could fall asleep, simply by listening to the mighty ocean slashing against the rocks....unimaginable. I met a Dutch and a british guy there. Both were funny fellows and while we had our nightly siesta's it was pretty funny. Especially after a round or 7 of Chang, the local beer. The Dutch guy usually passed out after 4 of them. The old British guy is a Mechanical Engineer and a teacher. He thought us, how to make great Vine from Marihuana, lol. He was quite something. Anyway,...after 4 days of mostly doing nothing i decided its time to go back to Bangkok and somewhere else from there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb