Koh Chang


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
September 3rd 2009
Published: September 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

I had to go back to Phenm Penh for one more night before I was able to book a direct bus and ferry ticket to Koh Chang, which is a large island off the Cambodia/Thailand southern border. Somewhat undeveloped compared to its sister islands in furhter south Thailand, its quickly catching up. Luckily I got a heads up from a former traveling companion that Lonely Beach was a nicely isolated hiding spot from the more franctic and louder main beaches. It also proved to be very economic ... $9 for a fan bungalow with its own bathroom. Just a isolating fan, no AC, but when you're right off the beach I prefer to leave the windows open and make due with the sea breeze and the sounds of waves. The air cons in SE Asia really don't have much in the way of temperture control, and leaving one on overnight turns the room into a meat locker. Koh Chang resembles the island where they captured King Kong. A small island out in the middle of nowhere with huge magestic mountain peaks, rain forrests and sandy beaches. It really offers up a little of every thing. I spent the week trekking through the mountains looking at waterfalls. I laid out on the beach, taking an occasional break to grab some local fresh seafood (its going to be a hard adjustment back home when Seafood isn't the cheapest thing on the menu) and I spent a day snorkeling around the local islands in the shallow coral. Unfortunately I don't have a waterproof camera, because the variety, colors and beauty of tropical fish were stunning and the water was crystal clear.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb