MERRY CHRISTMAS


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
December 25th 2008
Published: December 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Merry ChristmasMerry ChristmasMerry Christmas

Christmas in Paradise
Merry Christmas to our family, friends and fellow travelers,

We are spending Christmas and New Years in Koh Chang, Thailand. Koh Chang is an island located off the south east coast of Thailand. We are here for three weeks. Island life is very laid back and we are completely enjoying it here. It just doesn’t seem like Christmas though. There is almost no evidence of the Christmas spirit here at all. A few Christmas trees and a few Santa hats, but that’s about it. The weather is in the 90s. It is so hot, we are spending most of the day at the beach. We can only lay out for about ten minutes before we have to cool down and get in the water. The water temperature is very warm as well. Oh Yes, Christmas in Paradise—gotta love it.

Lynne and I will forego our typical holiday greeting update this year. Most of you have been following our adventures over the last year on this blog. It is hard to believe that we started this remarkable journey in Iceland 203 days ago. Wow—what a ride it has been. All good things must come to an end sooner or later. The end of this journey will be in 13 short days as we board a plane in Bangkok to return to the States. We will be back in the States on the 7th of January.

Our original plans were to stay on the road for 9 months to a full year, but we have decided to return to the States for the birth of our two new grandbabies. Both are due in late February and we will be staying with Lynne’s sister Anna in Tennessee until we head down to Florida.

Lynne and I have been busy in the last couple of weeks planning a few things for the future. It has been exciting and fun looking at the next phase of our lives. I’ll let everyone know our final plans after we return from our journey.

To all of our family, please know that each of you has been in our hearts throughout our journey. To our friends, thanks for following along and sending us notes and comments. To our new travel friends, each of you has been a very special part of this fantastic voyage of ours—please stay in contact.

We close this post with well wishes to each of you in the coming new year—may each of you find peace and comfort.




Advertisement



25th December 2008

Merry Christmas
Hope you have a safe journey home. Merry Christmas.
25th December 2008

Merry Christmas!!
Merry Christmas to you both! Take care -- alvin
26th December 2008

Merry Christmas!
Wishing you a wonderful stay at your last stop of this wonderful adventure. Can't wait to talk to you about your experiences.
27th December 2008

Merry Christmas! Miss you guys more around the holidays! Thanks for not wearing the speedo Dad! Can't wait to see you. Can't believe how Febuary is coming so fast. Merry Christmas.
27th December 2008

Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas a little late and a Happy New Year a little early. 2009 looks like being another interesting year as you decide what to do with the the rest of your lives. I've enjoyed accompanying you on your travels and wish you a safe journey home.
30th December 2008

Merry Christmas
It looks like you guys are really enjoying your time. Hope you had a merry christmas. sorry this is so late I have been really busy. can't wait to see you both. love you and miss you guys. be safe have a safe flight back home. Talk to you soon....
16th January 2009

John, Glad to see ur trip went well, my wife and I are expecting our first child in March. Good luck in 2009.

Tot: 0.368s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0709s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb