Hidden treasure


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
October 17th 2007
Published: October 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

welcome!welcome!welcome!

this is what met us when we got off the ferry!
We accidentally ended up going to Ko Chang as wanted to make our way to the cambodian border, but would have been too far in one day so stopped off at the island of Ko Chang. It's a massive national park island, the largest in the gulf of Thailand. It's full of mountains and tropical rainforests with lots of rivers and waterfalls.
The bay in which we stayed was in a coconut shape with a long white sandy beach (Very quiet).The sea was swarming with creatures such as crabs, jellyfish, milions of tiny fish which would jump out of the sea all together. Unfortunately we couldn't swim there because of all the jellyfish.
We had a lovely bungalow over looking the bay. During our first night the door slammed open in the wind which scared me to death!! (Jason slept right through). We couldn't lock the door so we had to improvise and use the straps from our backpacks. I didn't sleep much that night, Jason slept like a baby (What a body guard!). Unfortunately we didn't put on our mosquito spray and got bitten badly (50 bites ouch)!
We only stayed 2 days at this lovely island
the islandthe islandthe island

the island was coconut shaped. after leaving the water we were both badly bitten by sand flies, sara came off worse, we counted 50 bites on her legs.
as we wanted to move on to cambodia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

sitting on the dock of the baysitting on the dock of the bay
sitting on the dock of the bay

there was a pier outside our door. in the sea were thousands of fish which would simutaniously jump out of the water. sara thought they were phiranas!!
lizards everywhere!!lizards everywhere!!
lizards everywhere!!

this lizard was a beast!!
fish for tea!!!fish for tea!!!
fish for tea!!!

sara has this for tea, I had king crab, really nice food sitting in littile huts overlooking the sea.


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb