Khao Yai NP


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Khao Yai NP
March 21st 2012
Published: March 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Meanwhile Michael explores Myanmar I went to the Khao Yai NP close to Bangkok. It's a really nice NP, with a very beautyful monsoon-forest with a lot of huge trees. The only problem is to reach the park from Pak Chong 20 km north of the NP. So i booked a guided tour with the Green-Leaf Guesthouse. They picked me up from the busstation, provide cheap and clean rooms and food.

After the guide shows me some Giant Hornbills having breakfast in a fruit tree, we went by car throught the park to spot some animals. Only the curious Maquaces showed up along the road. After the drive, we went (1 guide and 6 falang) for a 3 hour jungle trek. Provided with some kind of socks you wear over you trousers as tick-protection, the treck was quite easy to walk. I saw different kind of small spiders, a incredibly tame Giant Forest Scorpion, my guide put it in my face, no joke! And 3 White Hand Gibbons sitting on a tree. Without my guide i wouldn't saw the Gibbons.
After the provided lunch next destination was the famous waterfall from the movie "The Beach". Right now the water is very little because of the dryseason.
At the late afternoon we searched for some Asian Elephants with the car. Unfortunatly i saw no elephant, but enough evidence (Elephant-shit!!!) that still some elephants exist in the Khao Yai NP. An estimated 200-250 elephant.
Instead of elephants i saw a yellow Orintal Whip Snake, and a Bear-Cat, which belongs to the Civet-Cats. On the way out there was close to the road a Muntiac( kind of a deer), and some Sambar deers.

It's a really nice tour, the guide like to show you some animals, but of course depends on your luck. So enjoy the park and good luck

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb