KhaoYai national park


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Khao Yai NP
September 20th 2007
Published: September 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

ok finally got to a decent internet cafe so can do my blog. Ilastleftyou saying we had beento phimai and werenow in pak chong - where we got to a lodge called the 'khao yai garden lodge'. Firstly tosaywe stayed here 3 days/mights and it was fantastic - ppl so friendly. On our first night we met an american and a german(dave & peter) and had a feww beers in our lodge - slept well that night! Next day we were up early to do a whole days park tour. This was really good - in the morning we saw deer, scorpions, gibbons then went trekking in the jungle - but it rained so so hard we got soaked (was fun) and i got covered in leeches!! had bout 5 or 6 on me. after lunchwe went to the two waterfalls. TRhe firstone is in film 'the beach'. it was amazing - the most beautiful place i've been to. Because of the heavy rain the water flow was v strong sowe couldnt jump from the waterfall or swim really - but imanaged to get out on sum rocks and get under it!! ADVENTURE!after this we went tosee the biggest waterfall - was amazing to but not asgood as first. on our way back we were so lucky, we saw a heard of 14 elephants with 3 babies! On our trip we meta classcouple (ray and elissa) and we had diner with them that night over few drinks 😊. Next day we went to some bat caves, monks go down there to meditate aswell. Then to a mountain where 5 million bats fly out of cave to go and feed in the national park. we decided to stayanother night at khaoyai then left next morning to go to ayuttyu. I will be blunt here - this place was rubbish, we saw some bad temples and left early this morning to go and see the bridge over the river kwai! that is my next blog...

paul x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb