Were here


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 2nd 2006
Published: November 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello all!! Yes thats right we finally made it to Bangkok. After an exhasting few days of travel we are now experiencing the city of Bangkok. We made it safelty to our hotel even though our taxi driver was going about 130km the whole way and of course it didn't have seatbelts. It's quite noisy and very hot also there are people everywhere that want to sell you whatever they can. Yesterday we got up early and went out to see the sights of course with it being so early there wasn't much going on until we ran in to a tuk tuk driver that offered to take to us to different temples. We thought for sure we were in for a scam as he only charged about 50cents for both of us. After only having to visit two places that weren't part of the plan we decided he was a really nice guy. It wasn't until he left us that we got scamed. He had droped us in front of the royal palace and as we proceed to pay him some bird lady who was watching us carefully threw a couple of bags of bird food at us so we casually threw the food to the birds not knowing that as soon as the food was all gone the lady then demanded 600 baht from us( which is about $15 Can) after a bit of arguing we reluctanly forked over the cash. It was a lesson learned I guess. So now whenever someone asks us anything we instinctively say " no thanks '. Our hotel was very nice and felt quite safe. The hotel dining room is a nice patio beside a pool. The food is really good and quite cheap, especially the beer. It's only about $1 Can and it's not bad, but it has a higher alcohol % than Can beer, about 6.4% per beer. After a couple of those a nap was in order. Turns out our nap turned into a fulls night sleep. We only have a couple of more hours left in Bangkok and soon we will be heading up north to Chaing Mai on the over night train. As well in a couple of days we have booked ourselve a treking outing which includes seeing tribes, bamboo rafting and of course elephant riding. Well hope everyone is doing well at home and enjoying the coldness as we soak in the heat. We will try to write again in a few days.

Advertisement



5th November 2006

hi
this is buster Doug said don,t drink too much beer Good traveling

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 40; dbt: 0.124s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb