Chang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 28th 2000
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 13.7308, 100.521

Yes we made it. The trip from Cairns to Chiang Mai wasa bit drawn out.
We stayed over night in Kuala Lumpur and the bus trip to and from the
hotel was a major event.<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;"><br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">Any way we finally got here to Chiang Mai on Wednesday<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">at about 2pm and found a place to stay without too<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">much hassle. We thought we might be able to find<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">somewhere better so went for walk through town to<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">check out a few places. However the empahsis soon<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">changed to drinking beer and the walk turned into a<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">pub(bar)crawl.
<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">It was a good way to see the city but meant major<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">hangovers the next day (we got home at 2am).<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;"><br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">Yesterday we took a boat cruise down the river in a<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">tiny long tail boat which was nice and relaxing (and<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">good for the hangovers). They gave us a heap of fruit<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">and the pineapple was cut like a boat.<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">
Today we are going to try and hire a driver to take us<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">up the hill to a temple and maybe to a waterfall and a<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">hill tribe village and the Winter Palace of the Royal<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">Family. We'll have to see how good we are at<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">bargaining for a good deal!
<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">We are enjoying the exotic food but sometimes find<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">that what we order is not what we get. Have had a few weird things<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">delivered to our table. Most of the restaurants are on<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">the riverfront which is nice and have live<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">entertainment.

Yesterday we ordered fried cat fish and got this airy
crispy thing that must have been waved over the fish.
I think it was probably a sort of ground dried fish fritter.

We also bought these crispy things that looked like<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">potatoe chips but tasted like sweetened dried fish.<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">Yuk!! We spat them out and threw the packet away.<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;"><br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">Andrew bought a Tag Heur watch at the markets for<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">$18.00!!. Guess What?? Its not real. Looks nice<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">though. Pity the battery is flat. Hopefully we can get<br style="-webkit-padding-start: 0px;">it to work later. Or maybe we got severely ripped off.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb