Bangkok and River Kwai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 8th 2006
Published: October 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This is a little out of date as i am actually in Perth now but remebered i haven't updated you guys since my trek - still scarred by the memory you see!

Anyhoo i intend to be much more vigilant with travel blog from now on and will hopefully update you on Singapore and Australia asap.

Anyway back to bangkok and river kwai.

After returning to bangkok from chiang mai i obvioulsy revelled in being back in civilisation and scooched myself straight off to the bar , where i again got picked on by a man ? I must have a face for it , the first time i was out in bangkok a really scary looking man called me a fat cu next tuesday and the second time i nearly got in a fight with a guy over a chair, needless to say these men were westerners , old gross sweaty lumps looking for Thai brides - good luck with that , mutes.
Am getting off the track again aren't i? Still riled by rude people, i mean do they know where i am from? I'm from Sheppey where people will knee cap you in a second? I could kill them with my thumb!
Anyway back to trip, after recovering from hangover from celebrating joy of returning to normaility we went off for a trip to the river kwai - you oldies will know of this place as it's a film and apparently as Lorraine informs me it was good?! Anyhoo we started by visiting the war memorial cemetery where alot of WW2 europeans are buried and then we went on to look at the bridge - my first reaction was "oh yeah, it's a bridge" obvioulsy had to nod enthusiastically and take pictures like everyone else but apart from it being a bit risque to trot across this bridge it could have been the kingsferry if i didn't know differently!? We left the bridge and proceeded on to a railway station to ride "death railway" , obvioulsy i thought this was going to be scary - it was not it was a rickety old steam train that took you through some of the country side , was a nice little trip but nothing spectacular happened , no trains jumping tracks etc etc Called Death railway as it was built by pow's from WW2 and alot of them died doing it through disease and malnutrition - see i do listen to some stuff!!
After train journey we went off for lunch - curry again, approximatly my 15th in 10 days!
After lunch we visited tiger temple, i'm not sure if any of you are aware of this place ? It's a buddhist temple in the northern Thailand jungle where the monks live with the tigers roaming around? It's kind of like a zoo with a temple in the middle but they have lots of wild animals here that don't eat them because they chant them into a trance, this is not actually true but sounds cool don't you think? Anyway we had a little wander around and saw some of the animals and then ventured down to tiger canyon where we could have our picture taken with some of the tigers that were secured only by a chain around a bowl ? I was needless to say a little apprehensive but GI Jane braved it - not only does she trek through the jungle she wrestles lions - i am like a female Steve Irwin RIP , i miss him!

Anyway guys i am in Perth now as said and i will update you with that and Singapore asap , can't give you too much excitment in one day can i?!

Nice to receive all your comments so keep them coming.

Wade - Out

Advertisement



15th October 2006

.....!
M, I think the tiger is scared of ya! playing dead, news of the sheppey female massive travels fast...next instalement please...x x
16th October 2006

Let sleeping... errr... tigers lie
G'Day mate. Wade - you do know that was a fucking tiger dont you? I knew this would happen sending you off with Kirsty-I-Have-No-Adrenalin-Lane (Hey Beanster, what up?) Chiz - Didnt I tell you this would happen?!?!?! Ok I actually said she'd have Memsy bungee jumping onto a sharks back but hey, close enough. Emma - pack it in or I'll tell Lorraine. Hows perth working out for you? Did you move? Throw a shrimp on the barbie for me and watch out for sting rays. Sorry. RIP indeed xxx
16th October 2006

Emma Louise Wade - you actually look as though you are enjoying yourself!!! I thought you would have had a meltdown by now all that time without your 'luxuries' - well done you! I've just had a week in turkey and thought putting the loo paper in a bucket next to loo was gross but seriously that was the height of luxury compared to pooping in a hole in the floor!! Thank god for wet wipes eh? Anyway take care, have fun, don't get any diseases xxxx

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb