Day 2 - 5


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 14th 2006
Published: October 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

having such a fab time! we were in Bangkok for 3 days before we left for Chaing Mai, In bangkok i got my hair braided and extended and Sam and i recieved massages and facials...all really cheap!
On the Thursday we left Bangkok for Chaing Mai where we got a 13 hour bus, it was long and tiring! Not hoping to do that any time soon... when we arrived in Chaing Mai the coach pulled up along a petrol station and these people stand with small trucks and they take different groups to their guest houses, we were lucky where we have stayed as 'Nice Place 2' is lovely with a swimming pool, clean spacious rooms and only 250 baht a night which is roughly 3 pound something!
Yesturday was our first day here as we arrived first thing in the morning and when we arrived Sam and I just went to sleep for 6 or something hours! on the bus we met this really nice bloke called Justin he came and woke us about 2pm and we chilled out by the pool all afternoon and early evening. Justin, Sam and I went into Chaing Mai to see a night Market which is absolutely huge....any crazy shopper would be overwhelmed by it! i think we got round 1/2 of it in about 3-4 hours!!
While walking down a road cramped packed with stalls we came across a little man selling thai delicase's....yes that means bugs!!!!
so considering i was accompanied by two blokes neither of them tried the food as they had apparently tried it all before!!!
so they forced me to eat the biggest locus i have ever seen which was huge and i had the legs stuck in my mouth and the brain crunched as i chewed on it...apart from that they didnt taste too bad!!!! yummy!!!
i also tried a little small bug but i actually didn't mind that at all!!!
we brought a few little bits and finally ventured back to our lovely comfy guest house!! i am defiantely going back to the night market tonight!! 😊
We are spending another night here in our guest house then moving onto Pai tomorrow...so sam's foot can recouperate and then do a trek there instead as people keep saying its not as populated and not so touristic!!!
Love to everyone!!!
Leanne and Sam
x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.029s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0139s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb