Last Night In Bangkok... Makes a Hard Man Humble


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
September 25th 2006
Published: September 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So it took us a full 24 hours to travel from Ko Pha Ngnan back to Bangkok, but surprisingly worked out pretty well. Taxi - Ferry - Bus - Train - Metro... 24 hours. We took our last overnight train back to Bangkok with the plans on arriving at 9 AM. When we still seemed to be traveling through the country around 10:30, we started to wonder... our train had gotten into an accident in the middle of the night and was delayed 6 hours! Luckily we were both passed out beyond belief and didn't seem to notice except for a few jerks of the train startling us awake at 4AM. Time to bring out the decks of cards and see how many new games we could teach ourselves to keep ourselves occupied... that didn't last long.

We arrived just in time to check into our hotel (the fabulous Westin Sukhumvit) and head off to a dinner cruise along the Chao Praya River (booked through Manorayah Cruise Line through the Marriott Hotel). It was incredible!!! Definitely a bit pricy (more than we had spent any other day in Bangkok... in one meal!) but, it was a seven-course meal, a night cruise along the river, paired with a nice bottle of champagne... very romantic! Definitely a must-do on your last few nights of vacation. However, moments before our cruise started the sky opened and started pouring harder than we've seen all trip... thundering, lightening... everything. We were afraid it would be canceled or too rocky out in the waters to eat peacefully, but the show must go on. No one seemed to have a second though about continuing the tour... rain eventually stopped a few minutes later, imagine that (and we were actually thinking about canceling good thing we didn't). Turned out to be a wonderful time.

We don't have any pictures to post as our camera decided to completely die on my (and no, not just the battery) - at least it was on the last day of our trip. But, we've managed to do everything that we wanted between the city sites and island life... we're heading back to the States tomorrow morning for another glorious 18 hour flight. Hopefully we won't get stuck with the typoon heading our way!

Thanks for reading our blog! We had a great time, look forward to seeing everyone back at home!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb