Hannahs Version of Events...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 6th 2014
Published: October 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Now as this is a joint venture, it would only be right if Hannah got to express her views on the tour. Apparently we see Bangkok quite differently. Here is a more detailed write up by hers truly.

"As noted by Joeyboy, lots of people say they don't like Bangkok, some say they love it, most say it stinks pretty bad, one thing I can say is that's true, it does stink, but as long as you manage to hold down the sick feeling, you'll get on just fine.

One of the highlights for me was getting lady juice sprayed all over our t-shirts as we held some paper containers out waiting to catch one of the high speed ping pongs being fired out at us at one of the shows. 'Pussy writes a letter' was particularly impressive, 'Pussy blows candles out' was another treat, 'Pussy shoots arrow' to pop a balloon was just downright dangerous, a dart hit some innocent woman on the other side of the room, It caused a bit of a scene, everyone rushed around to make sure she was ok which was nice.
I liked how the ping pong ladies wore the top halves of their bikinis and walked around with their fannies out and a knee brace for extra seductive allure. They come over and shout "YOU GIVE ME TIP?!" we thought ok she did a good show, let's give her a tip, but oh no, 20 baht is not ok! "No no" she says angrily "you give me 100 baht'" These tough old ping pong popping veterans don't take any prisoners, I tell you. You have to be on your guard.

After day 3 I managed to stop feeling sick every time I had to eat the street food. Slimey anonymous meats and noodles with flys being the main things on the menu. Plucked, bald white chickens hanging up in the street vendors carts with their eyeballs staring out at you was another common treat.

But really, one of the things that's nice about Bangkokians is their lovely welcoming and playful natures and their smiley faces. In the narrow streets, amongst the tiny clothes factories and dark grimey motorbike repair shops there are families cooking food at their stalls, chatting and laughing. They make you feel so at home and the children are so sweet. There was a little girl playing about on her bike at one of the stalls we stopped at and her cute younger sister in a watermelon outfit. Their mum pulled out a stall for us, asking us to sit down with the old grandma of the family to eat.

An impressive thing I noticed about the Bangkok traders is their ability to stop you in the street, ask you where you're going and offer to take you to a temple every time you walk past, especially the Tuk Tuk drivers.

Never trust a Tuk Tuk driver, that's what they say. They have this sneaky deal going on with the tourist information shops where the tourist shop says they will pay the Tuk-Tuk driver for their gas if they can get tourists into their shop. So the drivers tell you a shockingly cheap price to take you to your hotel, so obviously you agree, but ohh no, they don't drive you to the place you want, they just leave you there and drive off leaving you stranded muttering under their breaths and shaking their heads angrily as they go."

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb