Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 5th 2013
Published: October 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We finally arrived in Bangkok after about a 14 hour journey and already made some friends in Matt and Alex who were about to travel for a year like me and brad. We swapped numbers and planned to meet in Bangkok. We arrived to an amazing hotel and a very scary thunder storm! Us being us didn't have much organised so took advice from the hotel to go to the floating markets so day 1 that's what we did. We headed out at half 8 and spent the morning on a little boat being taken around the floating markets. Quite a surreal but amazing experience people having stalls set up on water as well as living there too. lots of women cooking in busts as we'll was just not what we are obviously ever used to! After the market we got took to a zoo where elephants do a show lots of people would think its cruel and we we're in 2 minds but stuck with it and saw elephants dancing playing football doing hand stands....you name it! Pretty amazing what they were taught to do but does make you wonder how they are treated to be able to perform such tricks!!

Our first night we met brads friend Rob and his girlfriend Hayley in the city centre for dinner and drinks Matt and Alex joined us too. The rain started again that night so we ran into a little restaurant had some yummy green curry and then set off to see...yes...a Ping pong shoW! I can safely say it was the strangest experience if my life seeing what women did I'm stage in public. I think that's all I can really say on here though lol!! after that adventure we had 1 more drink and headed home when we had our first experience if a Thai cab driver trying to scam us charging too much and turning his meter off luckily Brad saw and told him what for lol.



Day 2 we met Matt and Alex and went in the boat trip if the canals, most definitely opened our eyes to chow people really can live around the world that's so unbelievably different to how we live and mad us definitely realise already how lucky we are! Lots of tin sheds on the water and homes that looked like they were about to fall apart, something you see on tv but can't take in until it's right in front of you! Along the way we we t to a Temple where us girls had to change to cover up because if their religion. We had to walk to the top and it was pretty scary walking up tiny steep steps but was wel worth it with the view we then got. Afterwards we headed to china town where I've never seen so many food stalls in my life all bursting with smells of amazing food and spices. We all shared some dishes of curry and noodles out first experience of 'street food' which was delicious!! Walking around China Town was definitely a highlight seeing so many stalls people and even a parade. A favourite of ours so far I think!!

Day 3 we had a chilled morning and then headed back to the city where we watched Thai boxing pretty brutal with a boy being taken off in a wheelchair after being knocked out no rules no cares nothing like England. One thing I think we have realised massively here is how much people really dont care. There are no rules for anything and people just do as they please the cars on the road and mopeds are crazy zooming in and out with no care of any kind of lanes. A massive difference from our lives in London!





We are now getting ready for our next phase of the trip and packing to head to Chang Mai so we will see what that brings!!!





Lots of love

Kate and Brad xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb