Bangkok airport in an hour!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 21st 2013
Published: February 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Despite the best efforts of the M25 we made it to terminal 3 at heathrow in good time. Security etc was very quick leaving us enough time for a tagliata and a cheeky primitivo (large glass of). Flight was called on time and we assembled at the departure gate . Joining us were the normal travelling folk but also, as it was Bangkok, an array of distinctly seedy looking blokes. One of them made the child catcher from Chitty chitty bang bang look saintly! I don't like to think what his holiday plans were.

We flew with EVA air who are perfectly adequate. A couple of large g&t 's were consumed before watching the latest Disney film 'Wreck it Ralph' not exactly highbrow but didn't need to engage brain so that was fine by me.

Arrived 15 minutes early at 15:35 then was amazed how quick we got through passport control etc. We were in the limo by 16:20, the last time we were here it took an hour just to get through passport control.

Transfer to the Chatrium hotel took 45 minutes and as I type I'm looking out from the 15th floor over a busy river.

Now have to decide where to eat tonight before crashing early. Up at dawn tomorrow as we have an early start for our jungle adventure.

In the end we settled for the Thai restaurant in the hotel, Sue had stir fried chilli beef with enough garlic to frighten a Frenchman and i had an excellent green curry with beef including those weird minature green aubergines.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0788s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb