Back for more


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 12th 2006
Published: July 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The boat trip from Phi Phi to Phuket was the worst I have ever experienced....even worse than the time we bobbed about between Turkey and Rhodes for an hr! For starts instead of coming out of the bay and heading straight to Phuket we first of all had to circle round Phi Phi to avoid some of the waves and get a kind of running start....doesnt bode well does it!?!? The boat was all over the place and I am not the best traveller! I was sitting up on deck with a guy when the boat tilted so much that our whole row of chairs started sliding down the boat (with us still on them!!!) that was met with gasps, a few shouts and nervous laughs from our fellow passengers! We decided after that that it would be best just to sit on deck as the boat rolled back and forth, you literally had to brace yourself at some points and we came down over the huge waves! I tried to keep an eye on the horizon and just breathe through it! It wasnt the best 2.5hrs of my life I can tell you! I esp. wasnt happy when the rain forced us inside for the last 20mins of the trip....ive never been happier to be on dry land! Back in Bangkok we settled back in at the Asia hotel, getting ready for our day of shopping ahead!!! Mum gill and I managed to get lost in the malls around Siam for the whole day....fab!!! After shopping till we nearly dropped we went back to the hotel to get changed and make plans for dinner. We arranged to go meet Jennifer (girl I went to Canada with after Highschool) and James (Gill's friend from School) Small world eh! Jen just happened to be stopping in Bangkok for a few nights enroute from Japan...perfect timing! We went to the night Bazar, rather seedy but worth the trip! We had dinner in teh most random place ever. The seating area was about the size of a footbal pitch. Along one side there were loads of booths to get food and along the other was all bars. BRAW!!! There was a stage at one end of the "pitch" the band was redick!!! Thai's singing british covers...hahaha! We had a great wee night and got back to the hotel around 1.30am to finish our packing and get some sleep...someone had to fly to Sydney the next day!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb