Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 15th 2012
Published: June 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So I thought Mexico city was slightly crazy and then we arrived in Bangkok. We arrive fairly late in the evening on Monday 28th of May and stayed until Saturday 2nd June. We checked in at the D&D inn on the Kosan Road which is the main strip where all of the travellers go and there were loads. Hardly a thai person in sight. Our first night was tame, we were knackered so just went to bed. This was not a sign of things to come, in fact day time pretty much turned into night and I don't think I went to bed before sunrise after that. Before I go any further there are many things that will not make the blog as they are inapproriate for family viewing.



So our first actual day in Bangkok we spent relaxing by the pool at the hotel and it was boiling. Very very humind and sweaty. We headed down to the bars on the Kosan Road about 7.30pm and eventually ended up in a bar appropriatley named the golf bar later on in the evevning where we got our first taste of the Thai buckets. If you are unaware of what they are basically it is a bucket that you would use to build a sandcastle with full of drink and they are not to be taken lightly. We proceeded from here to a club called "the club"where we partied until about 3am when it shut. That was not the end of the night however, it all spilled out onto the street and turned into a party on the street with people dancing on cars and all sorts. Me and Will then bumped into 2 guys and 2 girls from Portsmouth and we went to another bar with them where a guy was playing his guitar and basically anyone took the microphone. I finally managed to find my way to bed at 6.15am.



As you can imagine we arose rather late on Wednesday and spent most of the day on the Kosan road buying beer vests and dining in a luxurious ice cream parlour where they had waiters and everything. All of that as well for about 2 quid. Wednesday evening we went out for dinner and had some really nice Thai food and it cost me about 2.50. Will had a whole snapper for about 4 quid, eating out is so cheap, no point cooking. We had a couple of beers with dinner but the issue with the beers is that it is 6.4% which we later learned was a minimum and that they can be anything up to about 10%. It is basically pot luck what you get so after two or three you could be a lot more uneasy on your feet than you expected to be which was the case a little bit. Not much more to report on the evening, we ended up in the club again and in bed just before dawn. Thursday day time was similar to Wednesday, we didn't do much. There aren't a huge amount of tourist type things to do in Bangkok and I think we were all a bit fed up of wandering around big cities so we just took the opportunity to have a little bit of a blow out.



Thursday night we went to a ping pong show with our new friends from Portsmouth. I don't think I need to say much more about that, you can read between the lines about what goes on there. What I will say is that what I witnessed for a tenner was well worth it and an experience nonetheless even if it was one of the strangest experiences I have ever had.



That pretty much sums up our time in Bangkok, nothing to report really on the cultural side of things, the closest we got to the culture was trying the different Thai beers but we had a lot of fun. Probably one of my favourite cities of the trip. We left on the night bus about 7pm to head down to Ko Phanang for the full moon party and some time by the beach.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb