Checking in


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 16th 2004
Published: June 16th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Hi all... thought Id lay a blog on y'all.  We're currently in Bangkok right now, the plan was to be in Phuket by now but like you all  know time seems to slow down quite a bit when you are with a member of the Ent species... joking aside we've needed a little while to recover from our journey.  A weekend of partying combined with a flight can be pretty rough... I know I only got one half decent night of sleep and James was going on 5 hours before our flight.  That first flight was absolutely brutal... 13 cramped hours highlighted by the shittiest movie in existence Cody Banks 2.  It wasnt all bad for James as he was spared the annoyance of sitting next to me and my story regarding 2 weeks ago when our hockey team was down 3-2 in the third period and I took the puck from our blueli... errr nevermind.  Thanks to Christa for all those goodies you gave us... those Mars Bars came in really handy between those crappy in-flight meals.
So we touched down in Taipei, Taiwan and despite our fatigue we felt the need to go explore a bit in our 8 hours of free time.  Let me just say this about Taipei...if any of you should feel the need to visit taipei do yourself a favour and just drive down to richmond...you'll spare youself the masses of humanity and sewer odours.  It really is a dirty place and its quite non-english friendly as well.  One thing I did enjoy however was the many signs that were up composed of chinese writing except for the one word in english in boldface...SARS.  That always put me at ease.  Got sat next to a coughing mofo too on the next flight to Bangkok...smeh! 
We staayed at a half decent hotel the first night here and woke up at 8pm the next day...then we moved onto the crown plaza hotel...a fancy hotel that we thought our travel agency had given us a free voucher for.  The voucher turned out to bogus so we ended up wasting a wad of  cash to stay there for one night... oh well at least we had a proper washroom and we got to watch the NBA finals too.  Right now we're at the Shanti Lodge which is fantastic... really clean place highlighted by a great patio covered in vegetation.  With a nice breeze it almost feels like you're already on the beach... as an added bonus there's a travel office here to sort out Phuket which we should be leaving for tomorrow.  After a few fantastic thai meals and some much needed rest we're finally ready to get a move on.... hope all is well back home!
Cheers,
Griff
DANNO BAGGINS- Just to reiterate Dan, we'll see you soon in Phuket at the Thalang guest house.  Bring whats left of your kidneys!

Advertisement



17th June 2004

You Wankers
Where are you guys. I blew my day here in the old city of phuket. Not much to do here so I\'m off to Patong tmr. Not sure where I will stay but anywhere is better then here. Catch u guys later.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb