Bangkok and going to the Cambodia border


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 2nd 2012
Published: April 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Haven't updated my blog for a while. We spent a couple of days in Ayutthaya visiting all the ruins and attempting to find Finlay, and then moved to Kanchanaburi where we spent another couple of day. We went to the war cemetary and the POW Museum by the river which was very interesting. We got a bus back to Bangkok, where we finally met up with Fin. Wer stayed there for for days. On the first night we went out for drinks and went to watch a "ping pong" show. We also walked to China town which was nice and pretty to walk round but Fin was annoyed that nowhere sold food there. Been trying to get used to using chopsticks but i'm not really getting that much better. Practise makes perfect though and all that. We got a bus to Cambodia on the first, when we got to the border, people that knew our minibus driver tried to scam us in to paying much more money to get over the border. Most of which would go in their pockets. Very common, all the girls on the bus though it was suspect but the boys wanted to just go, so they went and me and Kirsty didnt. We're now staying in Aranyaprathet for a few days so we dont get fined for overstaying in Cambodia.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb