Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 29th 2006
Published: June 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Bangkok and got ripped off straight away with the cab from the airport! It was crazy arriving in the evening as everything was so busy and crazy and hot!! But it is such an exciting place and after a good sleep we had a really fun first day. First we got a tuk tuk which we thought was going to the city but he took us to a suit place as they get commission, its a really scary drive. The people on the roads here are mental, they dont stop or indicate and the tuk tuks are kinda like riding a roller coaster. So the tuk tuk driver took us back to the khao san road so we didnt get to go to the city! Then we though we'd try our luck with another driver, he was really sweet and gave us the journey for free but we had to stop at a suit place again for his commission. This time however John got all excited and decided to get himself a tailored suit. So he got measured up and the next day it was ready and really really nice, and also very cheap!! Were now staying at a nice hotel closer to the city, we found a huge shooping mall and cinema near by and spent most of yesterday there! Last night we were having dinner in our hotel and looked out of the window and saw an elephant walking along the road. We both ran out and chased it down the road, it was amazing and the man let us feed it an touch it (for a fee of course.)Having a great time here in Bangkok, were going to stay here a while longer maybe another week and then head down to the beaches in the South...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb