Bangkok in a Day


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 6th 2006
Published: June 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We all got up early so that we could hit a few of the must-see sites in Bangkok, especially since Jennifer hadn’t been to Bangkok before. We made it to Wat Po, the Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaew, Anantha Somakhon Thrown Hall (was mostly closed for the King’s ceremony), Dusit Throne Hall and Vinanmek Mansion. Then we headed out to Khaosan Rd to get a very late lunch. The traffic was horrible so we got into a tuk-tuk thinking we could get through traffic a little easier. Wrong…we ended up getting out of the tuk-tuk and walking the rest of the way to Khaosan Rd. We shopped around for a while and then decided to go back to the apartment, but traffic was still horrendous. We ended up going to the Brick Bar to get a drink and wait out the traffic. We didn’t get back to the apartment until almost 10PM. Dan and Jennifer packed and we just hung out for the rest of the night. They left the next morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



27th June 2006

fun times
I'm glad you all had fun despite the luggage and sickness incidents. So yeah it seems you've had 2 much fun over there!! =)
27th June 2006

Food
I want to see close-up pictures of the food that you keep saying is so delicious. My imagination can't keep up!

Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1161s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb