Delhi and Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 19th 2012
Published: February 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

India to Thailand and Cambodia


We had an awsome time in Varanasi. After Varanasi we took the train (14 hours) to Delhi. Unfortunately, this train journey turned out to be the worst one of all of them. It turned out that the Indians were right about the cold weather. Not only was the train very crowded, the people not as friendly as usual it also got very very cold over night. I spent most of the night shutting windows and doors and then trying to cover up and put as many layers on as I could. As we both already had colds at various stages, we got even worse. By the time we go to Delhi we were frozen and had to keep our layers on. I even had to wear my socks in my sandals. I know I am German but I am not a big supporter of that look.

We decided to 'splash' out and get a nicer hotel in Delhi. We spent 3 nights in Delhi and we divided our time between sightseeing and resting. We thought that Delhi is better than most people told us and we actually had quite a good time there, excpet of being sick of course. We checked out the bazaars, red fort and some other stuff. I found the people very friendly there. It was also nice to have a beer after 2.5 weeks in Hampi and Varanasi.

We decided not to go to Agra because of our illnesses. It was a shame missing it but we didn't fancy getting up early and getting on another train. We can always do this another time. We saw all the things we had planned to but picked up a few along our trip which we would like to see in the future.

All in all we both liked India. It had its ups and downs though - the up being the people, the down being the poor hygiene and also the lack of personal space (I do love my personal space).

We cought a plane from New Delhi to BKK on 12 February and arrived in BKK on 13 February early morning. We decided to spend a few nights in BKK and then travel to the South. The weather forecast didn't look too good for either coast so we decided to go north. Eventually we changed our plans again, stayed 2 more nights in BKK and then took a bus to Cambodia.

To be continued......


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb