Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 9th 2012
Published: January 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone,

Well after travelling for, and being awake for, well over 24 hours we arrived in Bangkok. Our driver hosed us on the cab ride here by taking the scenic route but what can you do? On our one (and hopefully only) day here we visited the Grand Palace and Wat Po. Both were amazingly ornate, they made any Christian church look like childs play.

There were statues everywhere and gold plated tiles. Everything was done by hand and took decades to complete. At the Grand Palace there is the Emerald Buddha which is the most important Buddha statue. He was tiny but very impressive. At Wot Po there was a GIANT and I mean GIANT golden reclining Buddha. Google it as my words and pictures cannot begin to do it justice.

The heat combined with jet lag and lack of food meant that I did not feel very good all day. A Thai massage at Wot Po (the home of Thai massage) made me feel much better thought. One hour cost something like $15. An amazing deal. Matt got one as well and also loved it!

We had a drink atop Bangkok's highest building on the 83rd floor at night to celebrate Matt's birthday. It sure gave you a good sense of Bangkok - huge and chaotic, no organized grid roads here.

Well we're about to head to the train station to head north (hopefully we can get tickets). April and Kyle joined us last night so we are now a 4 some and we are all glad to get out of here.

Love Rae


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



12th January 2012

WOW
Amazing photos lady...loving the updates...have you had to use your...gift yet? hahahahah.... Happy Bday to matty!

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb