Our travel to Thailand is finally over!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 30th 2011
Published: June 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone, arrived in Thailand today, sitting on Jess’ uncle’s sofa at the moment, we’re 6 hours ahead so just about ready to catch up on some sleep!
Have had 3 flights in the last 24 hours, and probably about 3 hours sleep for Hollie and even less for Jess!

So… the evening before we were meant to be headed to Heathrow- at 4am the following morning, Hollie’s stepdad Rich, who kindly offered to drive us had a problem with his car… the power steering cut out, so after panicking a little and calling around his dad ended up offering us his car. So then comes the 3am start and the boring two hour drive to Landan, I’m sure you don’t want to know about that. Then came the check in and everything else related; we surprised ourselves at how quickly we got into the swing of it, after worrying we’d get lost, we stopped off at Abu Dhabi and arrived in Bangkok problem free.

We met a lot of Brits headed in the same direction as us, so we had a fair bit to chat about when waiting for connecting flights, exchanging ideas, and plans for our time in Thailand. We were quite surprised everything went smoothly at Bangkok seeing as we’d hardly had any sleep at all with the turbulence on our overnight plane.

The most interesting person we’ve met so far has been a friendly Russian called Murad (we think that’s how it’s spelt) traveling to Hat Yai to study medicine. He gave us an insight to the outsider’s point of view on England; his teacher informed him that we Englishmen speak only two types of English – cockney or Queen’s English. Oh, if only. He also gave us his view on his home country “it’s a terrible place, don’t go there”, he told us any Russian girl would have sex for money and that it’s the equivalent of 1 english pound for a litre of vodka, subsequently 1 fifth of the population are tramps (a new word we taught him) due to alcoholism.

We like him because he said he thinks the English are the most superiorly intelligent nation in the universe  and because we like his accent .We asked if we could move on our flight to sit by our friend on row 20- and due to either mishearing or misremembering his row number must have left a very confused thai air hostess wondering which of the old thai men on row 20 we were referring to!! (she moved us onto the row anyway which was awkward…)

Anyway, we’re off to bed, will post some photos soon. Hope you are all well.

Love Hollie and Jess
xxx


Advertisement



30th June 2011

Update
Hey girls thanks for the update. Dont know what happened to my last comment. Its not appeared. Still......glad you got there safe. Go easy on that Russian Vodka - or bring it back for me x
1st July 2011

Accepted your previous comment last night, we have to review them before they're published but it should be on there now, maybe it's a little slow updating? I can see the comment on the page anyway :) in an internet cafe now so will upload a few photos in a moment :) xxx
1st July 2011

Update
Hi girls. Looking good in the photos. Plenty to see in Bangkok. Try to get to a couple of the palaces - but dont listen to those who give you directions as they will lead you the long way round past all their market stalls. We are off to Durham now for the Uni open day and spending time in Teesside. Should be good - but not as good as Thailand!!! xx
1st July 2011

We just set it as Bangkok because that's where we flew into, we're actually in the South for the first week and a half, North for the next week and then our last few days will be in Bangkok, but yeah, we will be careful. :) xxx

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0933s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb