Bangkok!!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 25th 2011
Published: June 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have been in Bangkok for 3 days now and are leaving via sleeper train tonight!
Bangkok is mental, especially our road (Khaosan road) but it is definately the place to be for backpackers. There are loads of stalls and shops and its very busy - three days is enough for us!
We went to the Grand Palace yesterday after two days of trying - there are so many con artists here! Everyone will tell you the palace is closed but dont be fooled - its open everyday!
And if you get in a tuk tuk, be prepared to go to many suit and gem shops and be aware you will not get to your actual destination! But we were very firm and didnt buy anything!
Everything is so cheap here, Soph bought a Lowe Alpine daysack for around 8 pounds after some haggling - we are getting very good at it now! Our hotel has been good (Khaosan Palace) the rooftop pool is great in this heat, its very clean and there are no cockraoches inside, we would definately recommend it.
Soph is attracting a lot of attention here, when we went in the tourist information centre there said she had a beautiful big nose! They thought that was the ultimate complement! But she was still insulted!
Off to Koh Samui now on the sleeper train, looking forward to a bit of peace and quiet!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb