Khao San Road


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 24th 2005
Published: March 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

24th March 2005
Bangkok, Thailand.

Last night was lovely, Brooke, Scott and I went to the Imperial Shopping Centre, very western, and had dinner and a movie and they're really great people, I like them a lot. And it was such a relief to know - no, to SEE - that there are familiar things in this country, like proper Western department stores and Cinemax's and such forth.

Then earlier today we went to Khao San Rd by Thai canal boat and then a taxi. The boat was fun - you've got to be super fast at jumping on and off - but massively overcrowded. Khao San Rd was crawling with Westerners, which was reassuring after my first 24hrs in Thailand, and a massive head-spin.....every inch of space packed with somebody selling something. And the tailor's are so pushy! Very rude, but many are not Thai, they are Indian or Pakistani, etc, so the image of Thai people being so very nice is still unvarnished - apart from the taxi drivers, and......but anyway....

Eventually we had to go back to the hostel and later we said our goodbyes and tomorrow they're flying off to darling darling Australia, and so I am going to gather up my things and head for Khao San Rd in the morning. Lord forbid I be alone, huh? But I'll be heading off for Pattaya soon, maybe tomorrow afternoon even. So should not be there long; it really is a head-spin.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb